Are you looking for a secure website hosting company? Let me recommend the one I use and have found to be the best option.
There are many choices out there…GoDaddy.com, and 1and1.com just to name a couple of the most popular. With all the choices out there, you may find one offering a slightly different package for a slightly different price than the others, but in the end we really want the same features no matter which company we choose.
We want a Secure website hosting company that offers a competitive rate, along with the tools, privacy, support and storage space we need to work our website the way we want.
Most of the options out there charge $12-$20 a month for basic hosting, and it can go up from there depending on the complexity of your site and how many websites you have.
GoDaddy.com offers three packages
Economy Hosting $7.99 a Month
- One website
- If you buy a yearly subscription you can get one domain name for free (for a year)
- Bandwidth and Storage limits may apply
Deluxe Hosting $10.99 a Month
- Features from Economy package plus:
- Unlimited Websites
- Unlimited Storage
- Unlimited Subdomains
Ultimate Hosting $16.99 a Month
- Previous Features plus:
- 2x Processing Power and Memory (which is weird since they claimed it was “Unlimited” in the previous package?)
- One Year Free SSL certificate (which allows your website to be a secure https: instead of just http- It is something you want. It is $69.99 a year to add to previous packages)
- Premium DNS (which is basically what allows computers around the world to translate your web address to and IP address and therefore pull up your website from where it is stored-necessary! Again…not included on the previous packages)
GoDaddy is one of the most popular places to buy and host a domain name, but they are definitely not the only option and certainly not the best.
1and1.com Offers Several Options
1and1.com’s packages are a bit more comprehensive than Godaddy’s. All of theirs come with the SSL security. They also offer a Website building program that gives you some design options and newsletters for extra instruction.
I actually found the way they list their packages to be quite confusing. They have Hosting packages that are:
Basic $7.99 a Month
- 2.5 GB RAM
- One Website
- 25 Databases (1 GB SSD)
- 500 email accounts
- One free domain name for one year (which runs about $14 a year on average)
- SSL security certificate
- Tech Support
Plus $9.99 a Month
- Same as above except it has:
- Unlimited Storage
- Unlimited Websites
- Unlimited Databases (still 1 GB SSD)
- Unlimited email accounts
Premium $14.99 a Month
- Same as Plus but adds:
- Sitelock Basic
- CDN with Railgun
Then they also have Website Building packages, which I must assume from the way it presented, are a separate additional monthly charge.
Basic $9.99 a Month
- Drag and Drop Editor
- Domain and Email Address (1 year domain name, an email address for the site, and SSL Security)
- Design Templates and Some Business Apps
Plus $19.99 a Month
- Same as Basic but with:
- SEO analysis, Tutorials, and Newsletter
Premium $29.99 a Month
- Same as Plus but adds:
- Integrated Online Store capabilities (allows you to sell up to 2,500 products and helps install payment options)
I wanted to investigate a little further into how these packages work directly with 1and1.com, so I tried to talk to their Support Team with the Live Chat on their website. Sadly, there was no answer and it said they had no one available to answer questions at this time and to call their Customer Service telephone number.
This puts up a big RED FLAG. When you need help you want to be working with a company that will be there for you. Especially at 3pm on a weekday! Where are they? They claim to have 24/7 support. If they aren’t there in the middle of the work week, then I do not feel very confident they will be there at 8pm, 10pm, or 2am or whenever you may need them.
The Best Option
Above I gave you the run down of two of the most popular domain hosting websites, but I actually have researched many. Through my experiences, and the experiences of others, I have come to find what I can truly recommend as the best option for a secure website hosting company. Wealthy Affiliate.
Maybe you have heard of them. You may not think of them as a website hosting company, but they surely are. What is so great about Wealthy Affiliate (WA) is all of the Tools and Features they offer for you and your website.
These other domain name hosting sites can’t even shake a stick at all you get when you sign up for WA instead of them. And best of all, unlike the others, WA doesn’t charge you Anything to try it out. I know, it is amazing, it really is.
I really try to do everything I can to avoid giving my card information out online. Especially to some program or tool that I am not even sure I am going to like. Sure, they may offer a 7 day, 30 day, or even a 90 day money back guarantee, but I still had to fork out the funds and probably have to fight to get them back. (see my review on stockunlimited.com for a perfect example!)
Wealthy Affiliate offers 2 Plans
Free $0 per Month
- Two free websites with hosting (siterubix platform)
- Website Backup
- Beginner Training Course
- Personal Affiliate Blog
- Keyword Research Tool (30 free searches)
- Affiliate Program
- Training Classrooms (2)
- Affiliate Bootcamp Training (Phase 1)
- Live Help (First 7 Days)
Premium $49 a month
- Everything listed above plus
- Website Hosting
- 25 Owned Domain Websites with hosting
- 25 free websites with hosting (siterubix platform)
- Domain Privacy
- Site SSL (https Security package- helps with security and search engine rankings)
- All in One SEO plugin (Does so many things I cannot list them all, saves a ton of space too)
- SiteProtect Spam blocker- Blocks Spam before it hits you site
- SiteSpeed- Proprietary WA Technology that speeds up your Website without plugins or clunky software.
- Live Help- Unlimited
- Private Messaging
- Affiliate Bootcamp Training (All 7 Phases)
- Live Video Classes (Super Helpful!)
- Keyword Research Tool (Unlimited)
- Training Classrooms (12)
- Private Access to Owners
- Website Feedback Platform
- Website Comment Platform
- Website Analysis
- 24/7/365 Awesome Website Support
I am so thankful that Wealthy Affiliate is awesome enough to offer their program for free, or I wouldn’t be here talking to you all today. And because they allow you to try it for free, there is no harm in checking it out for yourself.
As you can see, as you start to build your website, you may end up needing more than just a domain name and a hosting provider. And as you go along trying to figure things out and get things right, you end up subscribing to multiple sites for multiple reasons.
That is why I well never leave WA. I started out doing the free membership. Then I ended up deciding to try it out for just one month to see how it went. Best decision ever. I would be spending way more than $49 a month to have all the services, support, and tools I have at WA. And best of all I only have to log in to one place to get it all done.
They have state of the art hosting and website building technology, tools, and support. They walk you through everything step by step. You could not ask for a better community of help. There are hundreds of thousands of members, many who have been with WA for 10 years or more. There are many subscribers who are making huge amounts of money with their websites who swear by Wealthy Affiliate, proving the security and reliability of WA.
I recommend you just check it out for yourself. It is really the best website for anyone who needs a secure website hosting company, or just wants to start their own website. Also if you want to leave GoDaddy (or some other hosting site) for something better (you can transfer it over very easily- no additional costs for anything ever!).
WA also, as the name states, teaches affiliate marketing. Again, this is all part of the same monthly subscription, so you can take advantage of it if you want. Basically they help everyone, from total newbie to expert, develop and hone in on how to make money with affiliate marketing. They are always updating their training and technology.
I urge you to give it a try. It’s free, so why not? For a full break down and review on Wealthy Affiliate you can click here. If you have any questions, comments or suggestions please leave me a message below and I will get back to asap!